Press Release – Dell Tier One Partner
Impulse Named as a Tier One Partner by Leading End-to-End Global IT Provider
SafeConnect™ Chosen as Dell’s Preferred Solution for Network Access Management
TAMPA, FL, April 19, 2016 – – Impulse, the leader in context-aware device security and access control orchestration, announces that Dell Networking has chosen SafeConnect™ as their Preferred Network Access Management Solution.
SafeConnect automates BYOD on-boarding, guest and Internet of Things (IoT) device enrollment, and device security by combining real-time, context-aware security assessment, enforcement and remediation. The solution is supported by a cloud-managed service in conjunction with a user-centric philosophy that exemplifies “The Impulse Experience”.
“We were looking for a network security provider who would help simplify the complexity involved in deploying Network Access Control (NAC) in support of our Dell Networking product portfolio,” said Tom Burns, vice president and general manager, Dell Networking and Enterprise Infrastructure. “Impulse has collaborated successfully with Dell for the last several years and has consistently demonstrated the ability to deliver its SafeConnect solution in a cost-effective and simplified fashion. NAC is a key requirement for our customers and SafeConnect’s cloud-managed approach to deployment and support is consistent with Dell’s IT simplification and cloud-centric strategy.”
“Dell has been a great company to work with over the years, and we are excited to be part of their network security vision for the future”, says Brian Herzig, Vice President of Strategic Alliances at Impulse. “Our respective product teams have worked together to ensure that SafeConnect integrates seamlessly with Dell S-Series, N-Series, and W-Series networking products; in addition to our native access point integration with our mutual partner, Aerohive Networks. We also offer automated device security orchestration with other Dell network security products such as Dell SonicWALL, enterprise mobility management, data encryption and SSO identity management solutions.”
Industry-leading benefits of SafeConnect include the following:
- Remote Installation and Cloud-Managed Support – Easy-to-Deploy and Maintain. Lowers Cost and Risk.
- Multi-Vendor Support – Consistent Functionally across Wired, Wireless, and VPN. Not Proprietary.
- Flexible Device Enforcement Approach – Layer 2 RADIUS-Based Enforcement (RBE) Offers Better Security (No Shared VLANs) and User Experience (No IP Address Changes); Layer 3 Enforcement Option is Independent of Layer 2 and Does Not Require 802.1X. Fail-Open Network Integration Design.
- Real-Time Security Assessment, Enforcement and Orchestration for Windows, OS X, and Mobile Devices.
- No Periodic User Re-Authentications Required to Re-Assess Device Security.
- Superior User Experience – Faster Secure BYOD Onboarding and Real-Time Security Assessment and User Notification Delivers Dramatically Fewer Help Desk Calls and Improved Customer Satisfaction.