Identity Access Control
Personal Device Registration for BYOD Management
The explosion of mobile devices, coupled with advances in wireless technologies and readily available cloud-based applications, has driven a fundamental computing shift within large network environments. Today nearly everyone has a smartphone, a laptop computer, and/or tablet in addition to other network-ready devices—-which has created the need for IT organizations to implement higher density wireless networks to support the escalating volume of mobile devices.
The number and diversity of devices in any corporation, hospital, college campus, or school district has exploded – easily tripling the number seen just a few years ago. This puts tremendous pressure on IT infrastructure; as devices are added more resources are used, more bandwidth is consumed, more IP addresses are allocated and re-cycled, and more wireless access points are required to handle the increased density. The ability to successfully identify device types, ascertain the identity of the user, and maintain a positive user experience while roaming has also become a formidable challenge. Additionally, organizations are being challenged with the task of correlating device and user identity over time across their networks for regulatory compliance; security forensics purposes; and identity-based web content access and bandwidth management policies.
SafeConnect’s Identity Access Control recognizes when unknown devices attempt access to your wired, wireless, or VPN networks and provides the following essential features and benefits:
- Agentless Device and Role Profiling provides visibility into user identities and device types, whether they are a managed (organization-owned) or personally-owned (i.e., BYOD, guest), and when a device is connected to the network. Identifies PC, MAC, iOS, Android, Windows RT, RIM, Gaming, Media, AppleTV, etc. device types
- End User Authentication prevents unauthorized users from accessing network resources and participates in 802.1X/RADIUS and AD Domain Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Self-Provisioning Guest Self-Registration automates the process of provisioning network access for a specific period of time
- Device Enrollment allows end users to self-enroll non-browser devices such as printers, e-readers, or gaming systems by identity
- Real-time identity-to-device association and standards-based integration with third-party policy management systems
- Commercially available replacement for home-grown network registration systems (aka “net-reg” systems) includes hardware/software maintenance
- Real-time Reporting Dashboard for data archiving and historical reporting
- Managed Support Services delivers updates for device type fingerprinting within 48 hours of their official release date
SafeConnect delivers on our promise of a scalable BYOD solution with contextual intelligence, centralized management, “no hands” system updates, and true real-time and historical reporting – providing you with comprehensive visibility and control.